Friday, July 19, 2013

Competition, Rainy day, and Cousins


Last night, Dusty, Matt, Sarah, and I had a <strike> quite competitive </strike> friendly game of spades. No one went to bed mad, but there was some friendly tension! This morning, Matt and Dusty challenged more fierce competition. 


We had some rain today, so we took a morning trip to Foley and hit the (still cloudy) beach this afternoon. 




Don't judge our sand castle....


Avery Claire decided today, our last day, while wearing her clothes, that she would try getting in the ocean above her big toe. Of course, she loved it. 


We had to go change and get a snack because she was "soaky wet."


Then she decided she wanted to get in again, in her clothes. Who were we to stop her?





Tonight, we met our cousin, Jennifer, and her family, for dinner at Tacky Jack's. I've made Jennifer a couple of monogrammed things this summer, and of course Miss Nosy-Rosy asked who it was for. Jennifer is my cousin, but also married a Davis. So when I told Avery Claire her last name, her response was "Cool, she could live at our house!"


My sweet husband. Seriously, folks, this post isn't about this, but I have never been more in love with him or as proud of him than I have been this summer.


We sat at a table full of silly kiddos, two of which LOVED some gator bites. This girl would've eaten her weight in them.



None of the boys wanted to stop (in the parking lot on the way back into our condo) for family pics, but we managed a couple.




Loved every minute of our short vacation and I'm petitioning right now that next year, we make it a week....or a month!









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We LOVED every minute of our vacation with our precious family! We are so very blessed! I thank God every day for our love, happiness, and good health! I agree that next year we stay at least a week! Nana

Anonymous said...

We enjoyed our card games! Papa and I are going to practice for next year! Love to you all, Nana

Post a Comment