Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day 2014

I had the best Mother's Day weekend.

Friday, my girl met was so proud to give me this gift (she has since carried it around and stuffed little random items in it.


Here was the sweet treasure inside. 


Sunday, I got the two sweetest cards and a gift card to do with what I wish! I also got this questionnaire. I love these and it makes me sad that they get more accurate as she gets older!

Of course we got a kick out of "her favorite food is everything" and "my mom is best at cooking." She thinks the smartest thing I ever said (or did, I guess), was "put bacon on shrimp." She actually knew my correct age, which was pretty impressive. 

Her sweet Sunday school teacher helped her make this:


After church, I had cheese fries for lunch with my two favorite people. Avery Claire was so tickled  that they brought me a flower. She'd told Dusty earlier in the week that all moms liked flowers for Mother's Day!


We went home, where I got to take a Sunday afternoon nap, too! See, I told you, didn't I??? Most relaxing Mother's Day ever!

I'm a lucky, lucky Mama. 




We hated that we didn't get to see our mothers on Mother's Day. We decided to wait a few weeks 'til summer to travel to CC so we can stay more than away and a half.

The longer I'm a mom, the more and more thankful I become for mine. She is seriously the best. I remember telling her often that she was "the best mom in the whole entire world." I still believe that. And now my baby girl says it to me, which warms my heart beyond anything I could explain. Because I know how, by saying that, I was trying so hard to make sure my mom knew how much I really loved her. So if my girl feels a small fraction of that love for me, I know I'm doing something right. 

Thanks, Mom, for always being there! I am so thankful for the mom you've always been and just as thankful for the friend you are now. 


When I married Dusty (but really even before), God gave the most wonderful 2nd mom. I could not have asked for a better mom-n-law. She has always treated me like one of her own and I couldn't be more thankful that she raised my sweet husband to be the wonderful husband and Daddy he is.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day to my sweet angel! You are such an awesome mommy to our precious Avery Claire! I love your gifts made by our little girl! Precious treasures to keep forever! Brooke, you and Matt have always been your dad and my greatest blessings! We are so thankful for you both! You both have always made us so very proud! I prayed when I was growing up for a happy family and God certainly blessed me!! While our babies grew up, I prayed for you both to have happy families as well! God is so good! You were blessed to find the love of your life, who we love like our own son, and Matt was also blessed to find the love of his life, who we love like our own daughter! We are so thankful for our beautiful, precious GRANDdaughter! She has brought us so much joy and we are so excited about our baby Bryant and our baby Davis coming this fall! We are so very blessed and extremely thankful! We love you all so very much! Mom(Nana)

Anonymous said...

Thank you Brooke, you are one of mine, so glad you had a Happy Mother's Day! You are exactly what every Mother prays for her son, a great wife and mother!

Post a Comment