Saturday, May 17, 2014

She Got Her Ears Pierced!!

Yesterday, we went to meet Dusty's college friend, Alex. On the way, we told Avery Claire who we were going to meet. We had to turn away and laugh when she said, "I'm a little nervous."

We ate lunch and she had ice cream and while the boys continued to catch up, us girls went to walk around the mall. We walked by Claire's and their ear piercing station was parked outside with a sucker container on it. Avery Claire stops and says she wants to buy one of those suckers. I, very nonchalantly, told her that those were for prizes when you got your ears pierced. She looked up at me and quickly said she wanted to get her ears pierced. She has talked about doing and was ready during spring break. When she learned she had to sleep in her earrings, she quickly changed her mind. 

So, I reminded her of that. There was only one girl there to pierce, which meant both ears couldn't be done at the same time. The lady probably wanted me to hush because I kept asking her if she was sure she wanted to do it. Every time, she said yes. 

So she hopped up in that little chair while I signed the papers. I'm pretty sure that the last time I signed my name so many times in regard to my child was when I left the hospital with her.


She was so excited!


Still excited....


And here's her after face:


After the first ear, I could tell she was trying not to cry. The lady did the 2nd ear very fast, and after she was done, Avery Claire turned her face so we couldn't see her trying not to cry. She was okay in just a few seconds. And she was so proud to go find her Daddy and show him. 

I hate that this picture is blurry. She showed every person we came into contact with at the mall. Even if they didn't notice, she was turned her head so they could see her ears. She can't wait to go to school and show Ms. "A-Belinda" and her friends Monday!  







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Avery Claire, I know Ms Belinda and your friends loved your pierced ears today! You are such a big girl and so brave!! Can't wait to buy you earrings!! Love you sweet, sweet girl!!

Anonymous said...

Avery Claire, I can't wait to see your earrings! I loved hearing the excitement in your sweet voice when you called to tell me all about it! It was so sweet because you were so proud of yourself! I can't wait to shop together to buy more earrings! I am so proud of you! I miss you and love you much! Nana

Post a Comment