Friday, June 27, 2014

VBS (and random happenings) Week in Review

Our church's VBS started Monday. I'd told Avery Claire about it last weekend. Sunday night, she called me in her room and said "I'm just not sure about this thing tomorrow." After she understood what would really happen, she said "I'm just getting excited!" She's called it Bible study all week. I go to Bible study every week, so she's lumped the two together, I guess.

Becca snuck a couple of pictures for me Monday.



After Bible school, we've done a lot of nothing! Avery Claire loves to "chalk" on the driveway. That's her term. And we've pulled out the playdough.


I took her to the park one hot afternoon. She has begged to go to the pool and the park. It seems like it has rained every day and we couldn't go swimming, but it stopped one afternoon around 5:00, so we headed to the park. 



One afternoon, we had some sun and met LeAnn, Grant, and Stacy for lunch and time at the splash pad/park. 


VBS ended Thursday. Avery Claire was so disappointed when I told her it was the last day. She (which isn't unusual) had a hard time saying good-bye when I took her, but loved it after she got over the good bye part. 


I stole pics from another mama on facebook.



I let her scan the few things we had in our buggy that afternoon. I would have thought I'd died and gone to heaven if I couldn've done this as 4 year old. She loved it. 


We did make it to the pool Friday, after a big rain shower. We were the only people there. It was cold, but quiet and enjoyable! 



I told her we would find something fun to do even if we couldn't go to the pool. Dusty laughed when I pulled out foam stickers and cardstock. We made monster faces and Avery Claire said "this was more fun that I thought it could be!" 




1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Avery Claire, I am so thankful that you loved Bible Study! I am sure that you have lesson plans to teach us what you learned! I am looking forward to being your student! Looks like y'all are having fun and staying busy! Thankful that your mommy and daddy are both teachers and y'all have a lot of quality time together! Love you all, Nana

Post a Comment