Monday, May 7, 2012

Our Girl

Since I'm not doing monthly posts anymore {and I'm not very good at blogging even weekly lately}, I wanted to do a post about things I want to remember about our girl.

I think I've said this about most of the "stages" Avery Claire has gone through. I thought 4 months was the best. Then I thought 6 months was the most fun. Then I thought 8 months was soooo sweet. You get the idea. But really, I think 2 is the best! Don't get me wrong...there are some days I think I have the most stubborn, bossiest child in the world. She wears me out. She is Miss Independent and only needs help after she realizes she just can't do something by herself. But she is really just the most fun, cutest, smartest, sweetest, most precious little girl in the world. I wish I could just bottle her up. But I'm sure I'll do this post again at a different "stage" and say it's the best, too.

She loves to look out the window and see what's going on behind the house. There is a daycare there and she loves to watch the kids being dropped off/picked up.
Photobucket
She loves to read. And she'll bring us a book,say "read me, peez," and turn around so we can pick her up and put her in our laps.
Photobucket
Is a little stinker! She can be sneaky! She loves to swing and slide at the neighbors. This is the look she gets on her face every.single. time. before she makes a run for their house.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
She LOVES to pretend to take her baby to "Mawmart" and the "udder store." And she tells them they cannot get out of that buggy! {That's what her Mama tells her when we go to the store....before she relents and lets her out of the buggy.}
Photobucket
Photobucket
She has started sitting at the big table. No baby chair. No booster seat. Just like a big girl. She loves it. And she eats much better there too. Big surprise, huh?
Photobucket
Photobucket
She can say just about anything. She never stops talking. Really. All.of.the.time. I love it! We always said life would have to be easier with a child when she could communicate. We were right!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
She has a mind of her own. I hope she always has her own ideas and doesn't worry about what others think!
Photobucket
She loves her some chapstick. I think she may eat a little. She keeps it in her purse and pulls it out all of the time. I wish I could remember to reapply my lipstick that often.
Photobucket
Even though my house is a mess, I never get caught up with laundry or cleaning or school work, I wouldn't trade a second with my sweet girl to do any of that stuff! We are so thankful God sent her to us and so proud to be her parents.
Just look at her...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
And when she says "I wuv ewe much, Mommy. I wuv ewe much, Daddy." Melt. my heart. There's nothing better in this world than being her Mommy.
Photobucket
Photobucket

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brooke,
This is such a sweet post! Our sweet Avery Claire is such a wonderful blessing to us all! We love everything about our precious, sweet, beautiful, and smart little girl! She is getting more and more independent! Sometimes, though, she pretends to be a baby. I love getting her out of the tub and wrapping her up in the towel like a baby in a blanket! She even makes baby sounds and lets me cuddle her! How precious!! Love to you all, Nana

Anonymous said...

I know I have already posted! I could not help myself! I was looking at these precious pictures again. I love the one of our sweet girl with her cute hat looking out the window! When I was visiting we also enjoying watching the kids coming to and from school and on Saturday we watched the runners who were in the marathon! Avery Claire, I am so happy that you love to read like your mommy! You are adorable sitting in your pink pjs reading! I also love the mommy & daughter pics! Love you all! Nana

Anonymous said...

I so love reading your posts. I have really been missing it. I also love all of the pictures of sweet Avery Claire. I love her with her little skirt on and also the one where she is wearing her baby's shoes and trying to put her flip flops on her baby. All of the pictures are so precious. Give her a big hug for me. Love you all. Grandmother Joann

Brandi said...

Love Avery Claire's crossed legs and little painted toenails while she is reading!!!!

Anonymous said...

Avery Claire, love the pictures of you and mommy, hope she has a Happy Mother's Day. I know she will cause she has the sweetest, most beautiful, funniest, most lovable, smartest little girl!!!! YOU, Avery Claire!!!! Love Mema

Post a Comment