Sunday, May 12, 2013

Being a Mommy

I have always thought these little questionnaires were so precious and I was tickled when Avery Claire brought one home from school last week. Their theme last week was "Moms," so they talked all about their mommies' names and jobs and favorite things.

I love that she said I make her Frosted Flakes and donuts. And that we play soccer ball? The only soccer ball we own is a tiny rubber one that she got from the treasure box at school. But that's why these are funny, right? You never know what they're gonna say. 

Last night, Dusty and Avery Claire secretly went to fill out my Mother's Day card. She promptly ran in to tell me "I got ewe a card!" And she told me I could open it "tamorrow," but would not put it up. She insisted on holding it and put it under her when she knew she was getting sleepy.


This morning, after I opened it, hugged her and told her she was my favorite girl, she said "I so gwad I got ewe a card." 

She made this sweet handprints page during church this morning. I want those sweet hands to stay little with their little dimples and they look more like a big girl's hands every day.


We went to Clay County last weekend, so we stayed home this weekend. Although we hated not seeing our moms on Mother's Day, it has been nice to relax at our house all weekend. We haven't done much of anything, which is rare and so very nice every now and then!

I've gotten lots of snuggles in with this girl because she has been in need of a nap...she pretends she doesn't need one and we try to keep her awake so bedtime will be so much easier!


I absolutely love being a mommy to my sweet girl more than words could ever say. I am blessed beyond measure with the funniest, cutest, sweetest, sassiest little girl in the world and a sweet husband who never fails to make me laugh and is the best daddy to our sweet girl. I am so thankful for the example of 'Mom' that I grew up with. God gave me the most selfless, hard-working, loving, devoted Mama in the world. I'm so grateful for a precious mother-in-law who treats me like one of her own and who gave me my sweet "honey." (Avery Claire thinks it's so funny to hear that someone is your "honey.")

Our preacher talked today about about how the most important things we can do for our kids is to teach them about Jesus and his sacrifice, to show them our love for Jesus above all else, and to live as the kind of Christian we hope they grow up to be. He asked everyone to question "Am I the kind of Christian I want my kids to be one day?" That's a lot to think about, huh? No matter what my sweet baby grows up to be, no matter where she lives, my hope for her is that she knows and loves and talks to Jesus. I want to be the kind of mama that helps her get there.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brooke, this brought some tears! It seems like yesterday that you and Matt were babies at home with your dad and I! We prayed to always provide a Christian home for you both! We are so thankful that you both a strong faith in God! We are so very proud of you both! We are so thankul for your spouses and we love them like our own! Our sweet Avery Claire has been another precious addition to our family! (and we are hopeful for at least three or four more grandbabies!) Our sweet little Avery Claire is growing up so fast! We want to cherish every minute that we can with her as we did when you and Matt were growing up! Time passes by so quickly! We are so thankful that our sweet girl has a happy Christian home! We love our precious family so very much! Nana & Papa

Post a Comment