Wednesday, July 2, 2014

This Girl


She's a firecracker. And we love her so much. I feel like I don't do enough to document the things she's into and the things she says...I sure do enjoy them; I just want to always remember them! 

She is all about some playdough this summer. And she wants to make food. We have made so many playdough pizzas. And cakes. Her artistic side has just come alive. She figured out how to make tiny teacups that very much impressed her Daddy and I. 

She doesn't want to talk too much to others about her baby brother. But she talks and him and plans for him all of the time at home. She says "when my baby gets here..." Or "when my baby is this big, I can/will...." And she loves to give him kisses and squeezes. She likes to tell me that my belly is "so big." And I must say 'thank you' so she can say 'you're welcome!' I cannot wait to see her be a big sister, but I am so enjoying this time at home with just us this summer. 


She loves to draw and color. She is constantly asking us to draw things/characters she sees on TV. And she's out of luck with her two so-not-artistic parents. See what I mean? That's supposed to be Doc McStuffins' family. She wanted us to draw them looking over into their fish tank. 


She doesn't care - she appreciates the effort. I'm taking her very soon to the open paint time at our local art studio. I know she will have a blast! 
Four is so much fun. There are still the few stubborn fits leftover from three, but she is, for the most part, so pleasant. She has such a spunky yet sweet spirit. She's going through an "I know" stage. There is nothing we tell her, even if she asks a question about it, that she didn't already know. She tries so hard to be a good listener. And as spoiled as she is, she has a grateful little heart. There is nothing in this world better than those arms around my neck and that little voice saying "you're the best mommy in the world and nobody else is!" I tell her, without a shadow of a doubt, that she's the best kid in the world and nobody else is. 



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This precious girl is our "Sunshine!" Love her so much! She is beautiful-inside and out! I love hearing her talk about her baby brother! She is going to be so good with him! Love, Nana
I am impressed with her art work! Great Job, sweetie!

Post a Comment