Friday, March 18, 2011

In one week...

...our little girl will have her first birthday. The past year has been the fastest, best, most challenging, most precious year of our lives. We would not trade one.single.second of the first year of our baby's life! We cannot believe a whole year has gone by since we welcomed this beautiful baby into the world! Because she is so wonderful, we think she deserves a whole week of celebration!
Photobucket

Music speaks to me - I love to listen to the words to songs. So many of them apply to our lives. So, there are several songs that have special meaning since we have a little girl. We are celebrating Avery Claire's birthday week with a Birthday Blog Bash. Pay attention to the song that's playing when you check in - it has a special meaning to us.

Since I was 8 months pregnant, I could not listen to Darius Rucker's song It Won't Be Like This For Long without tearing up. We heard the song a week after Avery Claire was born - since then, I can't listen to it without crying like a blubbering baby.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You don't even know how true this song really is. You went from melting my heart to making it burst with pride for the woman you've become, all in the blink of an eye! I Love you...Daddy

Anonymous said...

Brooke, What a sweet post! It seems like yesterday that we were celebrating your 1st birthday! The years pass quickly! Your dad and I are so proud of our family! We are so very blessed!! I love the new blog design! We love you all, Mom
Avery Claire,I love your cupcake Happy Birthday shirt! See you tomorrow!!! I am so excited!! Hugs & Kisses from Nana

Brittany said...

Girl, way to make me cry first thing in the morning! :) It's amazing how fast our babies are growing. And I STILL can't listen to the Darius Rucker song. Avery Claire is going to love reading these someday!

Brandi said...

I haven't been up 10 minutes and I'm crying!!! The first year of a child's life is the most wonderful time..for the whole family! I love this song and I'm like you, I cry E-V-E-R-Y time!!! You are such an amazing mommy and an even more amazing friend. I'm so thankful for you friend!!! Have the best week with that precious baby girl and remember to tell her EVERY DAY that Aunt B loves her very much, too!

Anonymous said...

WOW, I love, love this sweet post! Brooke,I can just feel the exitement in your voice when I read all your post about your precious family, but the week of 1 YEAR celebration is VERY exciting. You and Dusty are amazing parents and I'm so proud of you. Avery Claire, you have put JOY in my heart this past year and I love you sooo much, can't wait to see your mommy's post this next week of celebration!!!! Love to all of you, Mema

Ashley said...

I had to mute my volume...I don't want to ruin my makeup! This song makes me squall...and it is SO TRUE! There is great joy ahead...but you will definitely miss these days! Happy Birthday Week AC! :)

Post a Comment