Monday, March 21, 2011

My Little Girl

Because technical difficulties could make a mama pull her hair out this week, please just press play on this video. Then you can scroll down and read...

Avery Claire,
I cannot believe you will be one in four days. I've thought a lot lately about the day you were born. Mommy woke me up on the morning of March 25 and said, "I think I may be in labor." I cannot explain to you the rush of emotions I felt at hearing those words. We'd been looking forward to meeting you and we had done a lot to get ready for you. But, boy, was I scared when I realized you were really making your appearance when I thought we had another week to get ready to be parents.
I could never tell you, Pooh Bear, how very much I love you. I never really knew what unconditional love was until you came along. You have brought so much joy to us and you bring joy to all of those around you. On the day we brought you home from the hospital, we got into the car and this song was playing. It was like God planned it that way, just for me. Songs have never held a lot of meaning for me, but that one did and still does.
You are such a funny little girl and your Mommy and I laugh at you all of the time. We don't know what we did with ourselves before you came along. Life must have been so boring. Your little giggle is the sweetest sound I've ever heard. We have so much fun watching you learn and grow. You are such a busy little girl and keep us on our toes!
As I look back on the past year with you, I want you to know how much I love you. I cannot imagine our life without you in it. I would be the first to admit I was scared to death to become a parent. But you make me want to be the very best that I can be for you. You make me so proud to be your daddy. I will always be proud of you and I will love you forever and ever. You will always be my little girl.

I love you so very much,

Daddy


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Avery Claire, do you get a small idea of how much your daddy loves you?? You WILL always be Daddy's Little Girl no matter how old you get. I always knew he would be a good daddy... I'm so proud of him!!! You're trully a blessing to your mommy and daddy and everybody around you!!! you just make me smile when I see you or think of you!!! I thank GOD for you and can't wait to see what wonderful plans he has for your life. I love you baby girl and I'm so thankful for you and your mommy and daddy. Love ya bunches, Mema

Beverly said...

Avery Claire you are beautiful and a lucky girl to have so many wonderful people who love you so very much.. your pawpaw dale would be so proud of your daddy for taking such good care of you and your mommy . When you get older you will hear what an amazing man he was.He is always watching over you. I hope you have a wonderful 1st birthday with lots of happy memories for everyone. Bev

Anonymous said...

Another sweet post! Avery Claire is going to love reading these sweet posts from her mommy & daddy one day!
Dusty, we are so thankful for you!! You do such an amazing job taking care of our girls! Now that you have a little girl, you understand why we prayed all Brooke's growing up years for the person that she would marry!
We are so thankful that God brought you two together!! And what a blessing your sweet baby girl has been to us!! She brings us so much joy!! Dusty, you are the best daddy!! We are so proud of you & Brooke!! Avery Claire is so fortunate to have a loving, Christian home!!
We are so grateful for our happy & healthy family!!!! We love you all so much!! Papa & Nana

Post a Comment