Tuesday, March 8, 2011

On the Mend

Avery Claire is, hopefully, on the mend!
Nana came Sunday night so Avery Claire could spend one more day at home Monday. We were so thankful that Nana came and were sad to see her go! Thanks, Nana, for taking such good care of Avery Claire!
Photobucket
Even when she's sick, she is constantly on the look-out for Win....
"Mama, do you think we can see him better out of this window?"
Photobucket
Notice the Shutterfly box? We have birthday invitations ready to be mailed, but I'm not very happy with them! It's a very long story that would bore you to tears, but I had some really cute ones designed and then couldn't get them. So I had to order one very last minute.
Dusty keeps trying to convince me that the invites really don't matter...nor does the outfit or the banner that I'm stressing about. He reminds me that everyone will just be happy to celebrate Avery Claire's first year - so I'm working on enjoying the planning of the first birthday party. Please remember that when you try to read the tiny letters on the invitation!!
Photobucket
(That paci hasn't been far from reach!)
Photobucket

Avery Claire went back to daycare today and seems to be feeling much better this afternoon. She was glad to see everyone at daycare, and Leah was especially glad to see her! Leah put her in a choke hold gave her a big hug when she got out of her carseat. She was a little too rough with my delicate sweet baby, who started crying and reaching for me! I have never had to leave her crying, so I shed a few tears on the way to daycare myself. She was distracted when I left and I knew she was probably okay by the time I got in the car...Still, that broke my heart. (And she wasn't even crying because I was leaving!). Thank goodness her sweet Daddy called to check on her this morning and let Mommy know how she was doing!

We are doing breathing treatments twice a day and they seem to be helping. Our sweet girl is even such a great medicine-taker lately. She just takes a little squirt, swallows, and opens her mouth for the rest.
Gosh, how we love her! We've gotten lots of extra cuddles and we love it. Avery Claire found her Sleep Sheep tonight and decided it was very comforting. She even took it to bed with her and fell fast asleep listening to the "Mommy's heartbeat" sound.
Photobucket

5 comments:

Brandi said...

That is such a precious picture of Avery Claire laying on the sheep! So sweet! I'm glad she is feeling better!

Rosie said...

Aww that picture is just so sweet of her cuddling with her sheep. Don't you wish they would stay that small forever? We officially have toddlers now. Where did the time go??
Glad she is feeling better and Dusty is right about the invitations. I had this big thing I started to plan for G's bday and just had to take a step back. I don't need to impress anyone with my party planning skills. He's turning One and won't remember if I had every snack and favor known to man. lol. Just enjoy your precious little one on her special day :)

Anonymous said...

Avery Claire, I'm so glad you're feeling better. I can not wait for your party, I'm so excited and I know your mommy is stressing about the little stuff, that's what we do!!! It will be the best party cause we are celebrating having you for 1 year!!!!!! This year has been one of the highlights of my life, you're such a joy and I LOVE YOU!!! Mema

April said...

So glad Avery Claire is feeling better. Dusty is right about the invitations. Everyone will be excited about having a new picture of this beautiful little girl. Oh the stress of planning and feeling like it must be perfect. It all will be perfect.

Thanks for Hudson's present he loved it.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that I came Monday to stay with you, Avery Claire! Nana needed time with you and I think you needed one more day at home. I can't stand for you to be sick. I am so thankful that you are feeling much better. Nana really misses you and your mommy and daddy! We are excited about all the birthday party plans. It will be so sweet celebrating your first year with us! Wow, what joy and love you have brought to our family! Words can't describe our love for you! Brooke, the party will be wonderful. Don't stress! I love you all, Nana

Post a Comment