Thursday, April 28, 2011

Thankful

Tonight, we are so thankful. Tornadoes ripped through Alabama yesterday and completely demolished towns and communities. Just a few miles from us, three small towns/communities were completely blown away. I started to post a few pictures, but you've seen the news (I feel like it's kind of disrespectful because I don't know who might be connected to any of those pictures).

Please play for those who have lost their homes, their churches, their schools...but most of all, pray for those who have lost their family members and their friends. I truly cannot imagine the devastation they must feel.

We are thankful that we are safe and that our house is still standing. We are thankful for close friends with whom to wait out the storm.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Tonight we count our blessings. I am so thankful for a little girl who cooks beside me, cleaning out every pot and pan in my cabinet and stirring her little heart away.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I am so thankful for the toys (and pots, pans, and lids) that are strewn all over my house and the dirty clothes that are piled up in the baskets. I'm thankful that I get to sleep in my bed tonight and go to work tomorrow. Did I mention how very, very thankful I am for that little girl eating her dinner?
Photobucket

I am so thankful for the opportunity to have a normal night with my family...baths, bedtime stories, and rocking my tired girl for about 3 minutes before she fell fast asleep. And my heart hurts for those who have lost so much. Please pray for them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I are so very thankful for my many blessings! I think that we live in such a rushed life, that we take so many things for granted. Today, my heart is heavy for those who have suffered such tragic loss. My thoughts and prayers are with all those who have lost their loved ones. I am praising God for the good health and safety of those I love dearly! Nana

Rosie said...

I can't get over everything that happened to Alabama. And here I was posting about the tornado that flew through my city...it was NOTHING compared to the other states.

Anonymous said...

So thankful everyone was safe, my heart hurts for all the loss and destruction to so many people. Avery Claire, I loved every minute I spent with you and your mommy and daddy last week. I sure have missed you this week, you are trully a joy in my life. Angels around you!! Love Mema

Post a Comment