Saturday, April 23, 2011

Toys {and lately}

These days, it's so fun to see the things Avery Claire enjoys playing with. We seriously laugh and laugh at our silly girl. She really does play with her little "house" and her kitchen and her "normal" toys. It's so interesting to watch her play and see how she just instinctively knows what to do so much of the time. And what she doesn't know, she picks up on so quickly. These little minds truly do soak it all in!
Photobucket
Photobucket

One of her favorite things to do lately is play with her Easter basket and eggs that Aunt Sheila and Uncle Larry sent her for her birthday. Thanks, Larry and Sheila!! The paint is (I promise) worn off of some of those eggs. Even though we spend half of our night hunting down the missing halves of Easter eggs, I think we'll be doing it all year long because she loves it so much.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
She absolutely loves to put things into bags, baskets, cups, anything she can fit something into. She spent at least one hour last Sunday playing with these two bags. Tia dropped some clothes and shoes off for Avery Claire, and after we emptied the bags, she put a few things in her bags and carried them all around the house, all by herself. It was too funny and so precious!
(We have a quart of Similac Sensitive left if anyone needs it!)
Photobucket
Photobucket
She loves to play ball. One of her newest words is "ball." The "ll" isn't very clear, but she points to the ball and says "bah," so that's obviously what she's saying. She likes to throw it and likes to sit in one of our laps so we can help her "catch."
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
This little corner is one of the places Avery Claire goes to hide. She gets really quiet and stands there and we pretend not to see her...until she decides to shake the table and make everything on it teeter-totter around - another of her favorite things to do.
Photobucket
She has become soooo vocal. She can say da-da, bye, bite, hi, hey, ball...and she's finally saying ma-ma regularly!! But let me tell you, she never stops "talking." She jabbers 90-to-nothing. We have no clue what she's telling us, but it's hilarious.
I'd love to know what she's telling Nana in this picture.
Photobucket
She loves to lean against something. Look at that little belly - isn't she the most perfect thing you've ever seen?
Photobucket
And she's such a good Mommy. She carries her baby around. She wants it to have its bottle, but can't figure out how to put it in the baby's mouth by herself yet, so she needs help a lot with that. But, oh how it warms my heart to see her be so sweet and pat and kiss her baby....soaking it all in, right?
I think I can safely say that by the time she has a real baby of her own, she will be done with her paci days!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
She has taken over Daddy's pillow. She likes to lay down on a pillow and we tell her "night-night." Then she pops right up and goes to play. But she doesn't like Daddy to lay on the pillow and will do whatever she can to get his head off!
Photobucket
Photobucket
And she might take a minute to explore his face and mouth.
Photobucket
And guess who ROCKED to sleep more than twice this past week? If you know Avery Claire, you know why this is a big deal. The child has never.ever.a.day.in.her.life. rocked to sleep. She fells asleep two nights in the rocking chair with Mommy {ignore the ready for bed Mommy} and once for a nap with Nana.
Photobucket
On a somewhat bittersweet note, the bottle rack has been packed away. Last Friday or Saturday night, I fixed Avery Claire a bedtime bottle. She put it down and walked over to her sippy cup from earlier that day. That was my cue that she's ready to be done with the bottle. I was a little sad, but it's nice not to have to wash the 19 parts of the Dr. Brown's bottles and use the drying rack.
Photobucket

3 comments:

Brandi said...

I LOVE the pic of her telling Nana something! And, it is indeed great not to have to wash bottles! I bet your countertops look bare, don't they?

Anonymous said...

Nana loves all the pictures!! Avery Claire is a perfect little angel! I wish I knew what she is always "saying"! I just love to listen to her talk!! Avery Claire, this past week I loved it when I was sitting in the floor, how you would turn around and walk backward to sit in my lap! You are adorable, sweet girl!! Nana really was thrilled when you let her rock you to sleep!! Yay!! I was so proud of my kisses, too! Thank you sweet girl for all the joy you bring your Nana! I love your blue Easter outfit! So precious! I love you all, Nana

Rosie said...

I know exactly what you mean about the Dr. Brown bottles. What a pain!
Looks like her and Gavin are into almost all the same stuff right now. Especally playing with the ball. She's so cute trying to get that pillow away. My kid is getting mean though. I guess it's time for discipline :(

Post a Comment