Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Happy 8 Years!

Eight years ago, I had no idea what life and marriage had in store for us. I had no idea that we would live in 4 different houses or work in 5 different cities. I never dreamed we'd get to build our own house. I didn't know that running the water while I brushed my teeth or leaving my bathcloth rung out on the side of the tub could drive someone crazy. I had no idea that a man had the ability to literally tune out everything around him or that it never occurred to him to fold the laundry in the basket by his chair.

I couldn't have imagined the fun I could have just watching a DVR'd show of Teen Mom with my husband. If you'd told us we could build a house without so much as a disagreement, I'd have laughed.

I always assumed we'd have kids. But I didn't know how comforting it would feel to have him worry about me as our baby grew in my belly. And never in a million years could have I imagined the sweet, precious little girl that God would give us and how very much we would love her and want the world for her. Nor could I have imagined how much more I could love a man who let his little girl tape a  monogrammed pocket to his Nike tee. I could never have prepared myself to try to make him relax because the baby has a high fever and pneumonia. I didn't know how my heart would swell to walk into a room and see him reading to her.

I didn't know how proud I would be of the man he's become or the Daddy he is to our girl. I didn't know that I would be more in love with him now than I ever have been because of those things.


I knew we'd experience heartache. And I knew we'd experience joy. But I could never have imagined how happy I would be with our life 8 years later. We've worried, we've lost, we've won, we've laughed, and we've disagreed. There is absolutely no other person I'd have wanted to spend the last 8 years, or the next 80, with, no matter where we are in the state or in the world, Dusty Davis!! Thanks for being my sweet husband!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are thankful for your happy marriage and precious little girl! You all are such blessings to us! We love you much! Nana(Mom)

Post a Comment