Thursday, June 6, 2013

Summer Zoo Trip


We wanted to take Avery Claire to the zoo for her birthday, but it was so cold. So we decided a nice June day would be perfect! And it was! Not too hot, not too crowded. We loved seeing her reaction to the animals!



I didn't take a picture of the real gorilla, but Avery Claire thought he looked so sad and that he needed a friend! She doesn't like for anyone to be even in a room alone and thinks we're all better off if we have a friend!!


That picture was the test pic after my camera dropped 2 feet onto the concrete floor. It seems to be okay, but I wouldn't be shocked if it died any day.

Train ride



We loved watching the elephants this year!! Two of them were "fighting" over a water hole and pushing each other in and out of it. We'd never seen elephants so active and playful.


We happened to make it to the giraffes during feeding time. Guess who wanted to feed them?


I never thought she'd do it, especially when the girl told me if she was 3, she had to go by herself. (Unless I wanted to purchase another $3 ticket to walk the 3 feet over to stand with her.) Do not listen to my husband when he tells you I almost got ugly with the ticket girl. 


She agreed to be big and go by herself (because we told her how proud and jealous Becca would be because she has always wanted to feed the giraffes). 


She walked right up and started handing leaves to those giraffes!












She was so proud!! She told us that he licked her thumb a little bit!! I asked her what his tongue felt like and she said "not smoov, scwatchy!" Since then, she keeps saying it felt like "twash!"





We loved our zoo trip!! Avery Claire is at the "why????" stage, so we answered LOTS of questions! It was so fun to see how curious she was and how much she enjoyed watching and learning about the animals!


When Avery Claire woke up, we surprised her by arriving in Clay County!!!!


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I am so glad that Avery Claire loved the zoo! Wow, Nana was impressed that she feed the giraffe! Love the family pic on the train! Such a sweet family! I love you all much! Nana

Post a Comment