Sunday, January 2, 2011

I've Been Demoted

My little "I want to go to sleep by myself instead of cuddling" baby has become a bit of a cuddler lately, which I love. And she still likes to go to sleep in her bed.
Photobucket
Avery Claire went to bed before 7:00 tonight...she only took one nap today, she has to get up early tomorrow, she was worn out, so it just made sense. We put the humidifier in her room because she got a little stuffy last night. So, at 8:15ish, she started crying. Usually, we might hear her cry for a second because she can't find her paci. Well, tonight, she didn't stop. She started crying what we've deemed "the real cry"...you know the one, gasping for air, sniffing, pitiful...

So I went in to see what was wrong (my fearless child - scared of the humidifier? Bad dream? Bellyache?). She had laid her head back on my shoulder and started to drift back off when her Daddy came in to check on her. When he started to walk back out, she wailed. Loudly and pitifully. He came back in, got her, showed her the humidifer, gave her back to me, started to walk out again. Again, she wailed. When he tried the third time to leave and she cried, we all went to the living room. I tried to get her to lay down in bed with me. She kept looking for her Daddy. He came in the room, talked to her, and tried to leave. Again...she wailed. So, Daddy got her and gave her a bottle while Mommy sat in the recliner and watched.
Photobucket

She's always loved her Daddy {a lot}, and thought he was hilarious, but she's always needed me!! What's up with this? You can try to ignore the gloat on his face, but I see it.
Photobucket
You know I'm just kidding, I love that she needs him, too! And he's just called to me to let me know that we've had a big blow-out in the diaper. Maybe that was the problem. I'm just wondering why he's calling to let me know! :-)

Just a few more pics of our weekend...
We've had it up to our eyeballs in fantasy football, and I'm thankful to say that (it's over, that's a given!) my husband has won his league!!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Avery Claire's been practicing standing up by herself. I know my little baby's going to be walking so soon! Oh, boy, are we ready for that?!
Photobucket
Photobucket
This is her "oops, I'm falling down face."
Photobucket

New favorite game: emtpy everything off of every shelf and every item from every container...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
We've had so much fun and I'm so not looking forward to going back to school and sending my baby girl to spend her fun time with Ms. Teresa and Ms. Brittany!

2 comments:

Rosie said...

Oh my look at all those toys!
I feel you on the demotion. My hubby works out of town, but he's been home since the holidays and working in town. But, G usually likes me to hold him till he goes to sleep. Now he won't even relax with me b/c he wants his daddy. Which of course works in like 10 seconds! Ugh! Oh well, it's sweet.

Anonymous said...

Avery Claire is blessed to have two wonderful parents who adore her! She will depend on each of you for different things in her life. I think that a little one depends on their daddy to protect them. Maybe Avery Claire thought her sweet daddy was protecting her from the loud humidifier! Avery Claire is not demoting her mommy- just needing her daddy! She is such a blessed baby girl to have such a fun, loving, and happy home! Nana & Papa are so thankful! We love you all!

Post a Comment