Monday, January 3, 2011

Life

I am so truly grateful for my life, and for life in general. I shed a few tears yesterday at the thought of sending my baby back to spend her days with someone else - someone who's not me...
Photobucket
But what I've really shed tears over is the fact that life is so short. Our families have learned this lesson more than once. I think that's what makes it hit so close to home when someone else's family suffers.
Photobucket
I asked you to pray for our cousin, Jeanette. Doctors have told her family to say their goodbyes to Jeanette, and now her family needs your prayers as they let her go.
Photobucket
Frances, who is like a grandmother to us, had a stroke Thursday. She and Elton need your prayers, as well.
Photobucket
Photobucket
I look at my little family and know how blessed I am. And I know how grateful I should be for every.single.second!
Photobucket
So, I'm not trying to be mushy and depressing. I hugged my baby tighter tonight and thought you might need a reminder to do the same. Life is short and it is oh, so precious!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Rosie said...

So sorry for your heavy heart. Praying for your friends. Not a day goes by that I don't worry about life being too short & it makes me want to be the best mommy ever!

Anonymous said...

As we have learned in the past, our heavenly father can give us strength and comfort during these difficult times! Our thoughts and prayers are with Jeanette and family and Frances and Elton.
Brooke, you have been in my thoughts today! You are such a wonderful mommy to our beautiful & perfect Avery Claire! I love you more than words can express! Mom

Ashley said...

This subject has been on my heart a lot the last few weeks! It is so hard to leave my babies to go to back to work...it makes me want to sell all of our major things and "live on love"...just so I can spend every possible second with my babies! Time is a precious thing, and I know I'm guilty of taking it for granted! I hope you have a great week...and love on that little girl every second you can! :)

Post a Comment