Friday, January 7, 2011

You're a True Parent When....

You know we're over that "germ-a-phob, wash the paci off every time it touches the floor, clorox wipe anything anyone else has touched that the baby might touch, pull the car over to find the baby's sock, don't let the baby touch anything that might be remotely dirty/germy" phase when we don't bat an eye at the baby eating her spilled Cheerios off the floor.

Photobucket
Photobucket


And you know you're becoming a veteran mommy when you learn to grease your baby's face up with Vaseline before you put her to bed to keep it from getting chapped.
Photobucket

(This baby girl has been out by 7 every night this week. She loved Christmas break and hasn't gotten used to daycare schedule yet.)
Photobucket


You're getting the hang of having a mobile child when you're not as quick to jump when you see that your child has climbed on top of the box that her "aquarium" came in....Thanks, Mrs. Martha! You've provided hours of entertainment.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Anyone could tell a baby lives here by one look at your bookshelves...."the do not touch" stuff has been moved to the higher shelves while the books and "it's okay if the baby gets her hands on that" stuff has been left on the bottom shelves. And the baby is definitely going to get her hands on whatever is within her grasp...and pull it off the shelf. And we play right along. She takes it off, we put it right back on the shelf just so she can enjoy herself and pull it off immediately.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

You know you're baby is growing up when you can hand her the bottle in the backseat and she can handle feeding herself while you drive. I kind of miss those days of driving with my left hand and holding the bottle in the backseat with my right!
Photobucket

You would do anything to make your poor, sick, feverish baby feel better (just like this little one who's had a fever virus since last night).
Photobucket

You get a substitute and just leave a stack of papers on your desk and hope she can figure it all out...'cause you're baby is sick and you need to take her to the doctor (and cuddle with her all day).
And on the way home you look back and notice that the baby had pulled her sock off...but you don't even stop the car to fix it...
Photobucket
Being a mommy is definitely the best, sweetest, most-rewarding, toughest, most fun, enjoyable, "little piece of Heaven" job there is...I love every. single. second of it!

5 comments:

Ashley said...

So true...and "sadly" enough you don't even start all of those things with the second baby. I guess you just know they will survive..."what doesn't kill them makes them stronger"! I'm sorry she's sick...and hope she's better VERY soon. There's no worse feeling than having a sick baby and knowing that you can't just fix it!

Anonymous said...

Avery Claire, we are so sorry that you are sick! Hopefully, you will feel better by this morning! Papa & Nana are coming! We can't wait to see you sweet girl!
Brooke, you and Dusty are such amazing parents! We are so proud of you both! A happy and loving home is the most precious blessing for a child! We are so thankful! Love to you all, Nana

Elena said...

I love this! I only wash Reese's off when it hits a public floor or on the days that our floor at home really dirty. I got so tired of hearing people laugh at me when I would wash it off every time that it fell!

Brandi said...

I'm so sorry you are sick Avery Claire! I hope you feel better soon! I am even more sorry that I can't view these pics. I don't know if it's my computer or what, but I can't even click on them and see them :(

Rosie said...

Girl, I almost spit my lunch out read that first paragragh. It was so funny )and very true!) The cheerios and puffs tend to end up on the floor and I just let him eat them.
I'm not sure I iss having to hold one hand behind me in the car though; my car is too big & it was not easy.
So sorry your poor baby is feeling bad :(

Post a Comment