Saturday, June 11, 2011

Happy 6

Six years ago, I married my very best friend. That's such a cliche saying, I know, but it's become more and more true. When we begin married life in a town where I knew a total of 6 people, I leaned on him. When we moved to a town where we knew the same 6 people, plus a couple more, we leaned heavily on one another. There are things that I've learned over the past six years that I'd never have learned if we hadn't gone through them together:

1. As long as I have my husband and our daughter, I can be happy anywhere.
2. You can find something to laugh about in most situations.
3. My love for him grew more than I could have imagined when I looked into the eyes of our firstborn.
4. My love for him grew even more when I saw him look into the eyes of our firstborn.


Here are a few scanned, blurry pictures from our wedding album....



Photobucket





Photobucket



(minus Micah)



Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket





Photobucket



Photobucket





Dusty Davis, I love you more than I could ever tell you. I thank God for sending me you. Thank you for being the very best husband and the very best daddy to our Avery Claire. I love each day of my life with you and look forward to many more years - no matter where we are!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Sometimes I forget you are my sister-in-law (and not my sister). You have been a part of our family for a very long time and I am so thankful you both have each other. And sooo thankful for Avery Claire, the most precious baby girl on the planet:)!! Love you all!! Aunt Steph

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!! Doesn't seem like it's been 6 years, it was such a beautiful wedding. Wish we were getting some of the rain we got 6 years ago. That's what love is, being happy with your family no matter where you are. I'm so thankful for you Brooke, you make my son so happy, and now that sweet Avery Claire...she's such a joy!!Enjoy your day and many more happy years together. Love ya bunches, Mema

Anonymous said...

Happy 6th Anniversary Brooke & Dusty!! We are so thankful for your happy marriage and we know that God will continue to bless you wherever you are! We are so proud of our precious Avery Claire!! She is such a sweet joy to us all!!! She has the best mommy & daddy ever!!! We love our HAPPY Davis family so very much!!! Loved looking back at your beautiful wedding pictures! Dad & Mom

Kara Dingler said...

Happy Anniversary Dusty and Brooke!!!

Post a Comment