Thursday, June 9, 2011

Since the Big Day

We headed back home Sunday afternoon. We stopped in Birmingham to see our BFFs' new digs. Then we headed on our merry way. Because of a wreck, we were stopped, at a standstill, on I65 for an hour and a half. We were not (and still aren't) complaining. There was a fatality in that wreck and that family is in our prayers. Here's the article from the Times Daily.
Photobucket



Avery Claire literally ran down the middle of the interstate (roughly 6 miles from our exit). She spent a little time driving, snacking...and playing soccer with a few Hispanic boys whose vehicle was parked next to ours. She'd throw the ball to him, he'd catch it. She'd point to it, he'd give it back. You get the picture. You haven't lived, folks, 'til you've had this experience.

(Can you tell how much she loves him?)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

The rest of the week has been spent being lazy. We have gone to the city pool a couple of times. They have a great kiddie pool. Avery Claire took her first real dunk under the water today. It didn't bother her a bit. It did scare her Mommy! She did hold me a little tighter for a minute.



(The only time you can proudly bare that pot-belly...couldn't you just eat her up?)
Photobucket

We've slept til 8:30-9:00. And watched Daddy cut grass. And watched a little tv and snacked in our chairs in the living room.
Photobucket
(Check out the hair)
Photobucket
Photobucket
She seriously isn't usually interested in tv, but she loved Yo Gabba Gabba on this particular day.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Miss Priss wore her first ponytail this week.
Photobucket
Photobucket

And I'm glad I took a picture with those jelly shoes to share with you yesterday, because one of them has walked itself right out of our house. We've looked in every basket, bag, and cabinet Avery Claire might have stuck it, but we cannot find it. We're hoping it will turn up before we leave for the beach this weekend! Yes, I said it. In the midst of all of this selling a house, packing, etc., we are taking a quick, impromptu vacation. And I cannot wait. We need it this year more than ever.
Photobucket

Avery Claire has got this "whatchamacallit" figured out. It's almost like she's pretending to vacuum, but I know she hasn't seen enough of that to know how to do it!
Photobucket

This is her this afternoon after she busted her mouth. She face-planted into the carpet with a paci in her mouth. There was a good bit of blood, a couple of semi-freaked out parents who were both trying to be calm, and a suprisingly small amount of crying from the babe. I was so afraid it was her top tooth, but her Daddy assures me they're all fine. We think it must have been the "hangy-down thing" in the front of her mouth. It didn't bleed for too long, and it doesn't bother her at all.
Photobucket
(The ponytail does great things for your hair, right?)
Photobucket



Tonight, she was playing with a pack of wipe refills. We gave it to Daddy to keep while she took a bath. She cried and wanted out of the tub until her Daddy brought her wipes for her to hold the whole time she took a bath. Stinker!


Photobucket



We are having the best time with our girl! I've said this at every stage, but this one is seriously the most fun. She tries to repeat everything we say, like "cheese" or "hello, Connor!" or "right here". She does the cutest little "I don't know" with her hands up in front of her. Tonight she was in front of me in the hallway and turned around and did her little fingers to tell me to "come here." She's as smart as a whip - if you don't believe me, just ask her Daddy. She loves to hide on the side of our bed so we can wonder where she is and look for her. She can sometimes hold up 1 finger to tell us how old she is. And today she put her finger to her lips and said "shhhh." She's so stinkin' cute and we love her to pieces.

7 comments:

Brandi said...

How cute! And, by the way, one of the toys I have to give you is a toy vacuum cleaner! She'll do all the vacuuming for you! :) One time Noah had my brush(when he was about AC's age) and I could never found it. I gave up on it! About TWO years later, I was cleaning out some old toys and he had stuck it down in a coloring book box! So, eventually, you WILL find the shoe! Since ya'll will be doing a little packing soon, you will probably find it, and she'll still be able to fit into it! I'm glad ya'll are getting to go to the beach for a little vaca, you guys deserve it! Enjoy yourselves!!!!

Brandi said...

OH, and Avery Claire's bikini.....too stinkin' cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Avery Claire, I am glad you are working on your tan this week! What a cutie you are in your bikini! Love the ponytail! Papa and I are excited about our beach trip with you all! Love from Papa & Nana

Anonymous said...

Wow! Your little girl is so smart huh? I'm loving the ponytal and bikini! Our kids are growing up so fast.
That's terrible about the wreck. I can't say I've ever been at a standstill like that one before. Thank goodness you have a patient toddler!
Oh and please catch me up. Selling, packing....??? Where are you moving to?

Anonymous said...

Oops-that last comment was from Rosie :)

April said...

Where in the world did you get that adorable carseat cover? I have been looking for one for a certain little girl this fall so we can use Hudson's infant carrier.
I had so much fun with Avery Claire in the nursey Sunday. I didn't get my fix though wish we could have played longer. She and Hudson were too cute loving on each other. She is so cute. Love the bathing suit and pool pictures.
Hope you guys have a wonderful vacation. Can't wait to hear all about Avery Claire at the beach.

Anonymous said...

This just proves Avery Claire can be happy where ever she is, 100 degrees on the side of the interstate playing ball, love love the bikini and the matching shoes. Love you baby girl, Mema

Post a Comment