Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Summer+Packing+Blogging=Not Enough Time in the Day

I have been a horrible blogger lately. Between packing and our busy girl and trying to enjoy summer, I just don't get to sit down at the computer until late. And then I just want to go to bed. We found out today that we probably won't close on our house next week, so I figured I could take a packing break and sit down to blog.

I don't think I really updated about our situation...really because there's not much to tell right now. So far,
1) We did sell our house. That kind of fell in our laps and we couldn't pass up the opportunity.
2) Our school system had to make cuts, and I was one of them. So, as of now, I do not have a job. That's a major reason we sold our house. We could make it, but that's a financial burden we can live without since we had the opportunity to sell it.
3) We have no idea where we will live when we move out. There are a couple of decent rental options that may open up. Until then, I guess we'll bum off of the parents for a couple of weeks. We were supposed to close on the 8th, but the buyers' loan hasn't gone through, so we will hope to close by the 15th. But it could be as late at the 22nd.
4) After lots of praying that things will work out for us, I'm honestly not as stressed as I thought I'd be in this situation. I'd be lying if I said the "unknown" was easy to handle, but I'm so thankful for our health and for our happiness, it's hard to let that be a burden. And I know God will work it out.
5) We'd still appreciate your prayers, just that things will work out for the best for our family.

And here are some pictures of lately. That's what you came for anyway, right?

Nana Gaga came for a visit last week. We got some packing and some shopping done. Thanks, Nana, for all of your help!
Photobucket

We have played lots of chase and hide-n-seek.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Avery Claire has decided she likes her bow and will wear whatever I put on her!
Photobucket

We found a pair of shoes of Emma's that just fit. Avery Claire LOVES them and wants to wear them whenever she sees them! I've heard that from more than one Mama - what is up with these Crocs and babes?
Photobucket
Photobucket

We're still packing. Avery Claire carried around Hudson's picture one day and gave him kisses while we packed!
Photobucket
She's seen me make my lists in this little book, so she needed to write something down, too.
Photobucket

Yesterday, we went to Decatur to get my car serviced. Kate and Chambless picked us up. We went to lunch and to play at their house. I've tried to steal pics from
Kate's post, but cannot! So you can go there and look. And Kate, Avery Claire fell asleep 5 minutes before we got home!! So she finished out her nap in the car.
Photobucket

My girl just got up from her nap, so I'm adding these pictures from earlier today and we're headed to WalMart. If we're going to be here for another week or two, we're going to have buy a few more groceries!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

4 comments:

Cassie said...

Avery Claire is getting so big! She is adorable!

I'll pray for you all as you move, etc. Everything will work out the way it's supposed to, so try to be patient. I know, easier said than done!

Anonymous said...

Nana loved her visit!! We had so much fun!! Avery Claire, I love to watch you write on your pad!! Of course, everything you do is spectacular to your Nana!! I think that you are going to enjoy playing school like your mommy when she was young. Your Crocs from Emma are so cute!
We are so excited that you all are coming home tomorrow!! Maybe Avery Claire & Hudson can get in some play time during your visit!
We know that God has a wonderful plan for our Davis family!! We admire your patience and faith over the last few months!! We love you all so very much!! Papa & Nana

April said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
April said...

Love the picture of Avery Claire giving Hudson kisses. Hudson carries Avery Claire's picture around quite often and gives her love. Its so sweet!!!! Praying for you guys with all the big decisions and everything that is going on. Hope we can take advantage of the extra home time you guys are about to have and get the kiddos together for a playdate.

Post a Comment