Monday, October 27, 2014

Adjusting


This girl had to go for a flu shot this afternoon. You forget how much planning goes  into taking a baby anywhere. Add in a 4 year old, and it's even more complicated.
We had to go to Publix (because it's a cleaner place than Walmart to take a baby, right?) afterwards. I like to plan and I like things to go according to plan. But we all know you can't plan with a brand new baby. Bennett was ready to eat, so we sat in the parking lot for 45 minutes while he ate. I'm thankful my girl is easily entertained by "driving." 
I had to laugh because, usually, Avery Claire is shy and won't speak to people she does know. We rolled the windows down a little while we sat in the car (we had parked at the end of the parking lot). An older man came to get in his car and she yells "hey!" Obviously, I was covered, but I'm sure that poor man was scared.
We are adjusting to two kids and having a baby in the house pretty well. My biggest challenge has been getting Avery Claire to school at a decent time. Dusty could take her, but she'd have to get up and get there so early, and there's really no need for that. I'm sure i'm a scary mess some mornings dropping her off. And I know I look like one of those sorry Mamas who lays around in her pjs all day while others take care of my kids. 
I'm learning to go with the flow and not try to plan too far ahead (no more than 30 minutes!!). 

Brother's first outing and he got to ride in the flame buggy while sister drove him. He took it all in.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brooke, you are the best mom ever! I love seeing you with your precious babies... It won't always go like you plan but you will enjoy every minute. Avery Claire picked the perfect time to be social! I love you all so much!! Mema

Anonymous said...

I think that y'all have adjusted very well! Our babies have the BEST parents! I am especially proud of Avery Claire! She is so sweet to her new brother and her new cousin! Sorry, Brooke, you are a planner like me! Thankful that we can adjust and still love our busy lives and our precious family! Love y'all! Nana

Post a Comment