Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Big Belly Delights

Avery Claire,
This post is not about Mommy complaining about pregnancy...I just want to make sure Daddy and I remember some of the things that we've laughed about while mommy has been pregnant with you. I've enjoyed every second of it! These are things I'd never thought about before, until my belly started getting bigger and bigger!
I cannot tell you the number of times I've opened the closet door and turned around and bumped into the doorknob. It's a good thing you're well-protected in there, baby girl, or you might have had a bruise or two!

You see the turtle stuck on his back? That's what Mommy feels like when she's switching sides or getting up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night. Sometimes I feel like I need a little push to make it all the way over.


Daddy has always been the hot-natured one in our relationship, and I've always covered up with a blanket. He tells me it's been really cold this winter (and it has), but he's kept it really warm in our house. My belly is like an oven, and I get really hot very easily. The roles have reversed...Daddy freezes and Mommy kicks the covers off!


My t-shirts are too little. I didn't show my belly off before I was pregnant with you, and I'm certainly not going to start now. Daddy has been very nice to let me borrow his t-shirts to sleep in for the last couple of weeks now.


My belly button looks a little like the center of this cupcake. It's definitely a little outie now!

Mommy may waddle a little like a penguin when she walks...but not too much, I hope!

Daddy says Mommy needs to borrow one of your bibs. For some reason, I've become a messy eater and more crumbs end up on my shirt than anywhere else!
We can't wait to meet you, Avery Claire. I promise Mommy will not have so many weird quirks after we bring you home (or at least she hopes not!).

3 comments:

Leigh said...

Brooke you are so precious!! And you are going to be such a good mommy!!! Good luck and you and Dusty and Avery Claire are in my prayers!!

Brandi said...

So funny! All the weird quirks do go away quickly. You will miss them though!

Anonymous said...

How precious! Love you, Mom

Post a Comment