Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Pray for Kate

Since I was introduced to the blog world, I've come across many happy blogs and many sad blogs. My friends that also blog will send me blogs they've found, and I do the same. So many of the families in these blogs are dealing with losing a loved one or with sickness. Every time I find another sad blog, I swear I'm not going to read it. I get so involved and it's so heartbreaking...but I keep reading them. I wouldn't normally introduce you to someone I don't know, and write this long post with no pictures, but this one just weighs on my heart.
A few months ago, I came across Kate's caringbridge site - I couldn't tell you how - like with so many of these blogs and stories, one leads to another. Dusty will often come in the room and ask who I'm reading about. I tell him we don't know them...but you start to feel kind of like you do.
This story has stuck with me. I'm warning you, it's not an easy one to read. But this family has proven to be so strong in their faith, even though they've faced very hard times and hard decisions.
To give you a brief overview, Kate was diagnosed with a brain tumor last summer. She has undergone surgery, several rounds of chemo, and just recently, a stem cell transplant, which will be followed by more treatment. She will have an MRI on the 24th to determine where they go from here.
You can click here to read her story, or you can just pray for her and her family. I don't know them, but Kate and her family are in my prayers every day! And we know prayer can be a powerful thing...so I figure, the more, the better.

1 comments:

Louise said...

Poor Kate! I was keeping up with her daily for a while but it was making me so sad!! I had to cut back! My friend keeps up with her and lets me know about her and I follow her dad on twitter and he sends out updates about her. She is quite the little trooper!

Post a Comment