Friday, May 27, 2011

Friends

When you're a coach's wife, you understand that moves come with the territory. I went into marriage knowing that we probably wouldn't just settle down in one place and stay forever. And I was (and still am) okay with that. What I didn't know was how attached I would get to the ladies I work with. I still keep in touch with my 5th grade bunch from Demopolis. And I still meet my Banks-Caddell friends for lunch and talk to them often. And every time I've made a classroom move, I've always dreaded it because I just cannot imagine making those kinds of friends again. I was proven wrong, again, when I came to Russellville. If you'd told me that 11 women could work together on a day-to-day basis and get along, I'd have told you you were crazy. I'd have been wrong (again).
Life is still up in the air and we're learning to be okay with that. But no matter what happens, I will never forget and will always be thankful for my time with these friends.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brooke, I am so thankful for your many sweet friends! Papa and I are praying that things will not be "up in the air" much longer! We are so proud of your strong faith!! Love you all!! Nana & Papa

Post a Comment