Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I know...it's Thursday...

and I have been a horrible blogger. It just takes me a few days after a trip home to get back in the routine. We've had a very low key week, which is exactly what we like!

Thank God Daddy's home....I seriously couldn't do the single mom thing. Kuddos to those of you who do it.
Photobucket

Guess what Avery Claire's new word is? Papa!! She started saying it this weekend and never stopped. She calls Paaaapa from the bathtub and walks around the house calling him. She looks at the door while she does it. Seriously, Papa, you've got to be at that door soon!

You know every time I try to get it on video, she gets distracted and stops saying it.
Photobucket

A little more than 3 weeks until Uncle Matt and Aunt Sarah get hitched! Don't they look like such a fun uncle and aunt?
Photobucket
Photobucket

We also got a picture with Elton this weekend. That's been on my list of "pictures we need". Can you tell he doesn't love to get his picture made? But I'm so glad to have that one!
Photobucket

Since we've been home, there's been lots of "cooking." In Avery Claire's kitchen, not mine.

(Notice the "band-aid" that she left on her arm forever!)
Photobucket
And she's done lots of eating. Kids are so wishy-washy. One week, she doesn't want to eat anything. The next week, she's a bottomless pit.
Photobucket
And she'll eat again with us (because right now it's just easier to let her eat and then let her nibble while we eat). This summer we'll work on the family sit down meal business.
Cute little birdie:
Photobucket
Our neighbors came for a visit Tuesday night. Avery Claire and Karrah played so well together, but this was the best shot I got before my camera battery died. Karrah will be two in July and she kept trying to take care of the "baby" who is almost as big as she is. They were so sweet! Avery Claire kept trying to hold her hand...precious!
Photobucket

I guess this girl's still catching up on lost sleep (she only had a 20 minute nap both Saturday and Sunday). She has been so tired by 6:00 every night. Last night, she literally laid in the floor looking at books, drinking, playing with her ball or balloon, or just rolling around for over an hour. Anyone ever seen her be still - and awake - for that long? I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes!
Photobucket
What, Mama?
Photobucket
Every time I ask her if she's ready to go night-night, she just grins and shakes her head "no!"
Photobucket

3 comments:

Brandi said...

I've been missing pictures of this sweet thang!!! I bet Papa is grinning from ear to ear now that Avery Claire is saying his name!

Ashley said...

Family suppers, oh how I wish we had those! We had them mastered until Luke came along...now it's back to "Mama feeds everybody, cleans up kitchen, gets everybody in bed, and eats at 9pm (on a good night;)"...I wouldn't trade it for the world though! :)

Anonymous said...

We loved having you all home with us!! We had so much fun! Avery Claire is such a sweetie!! We love to hear her say "Papa"! Missing y'all! Love, Nana

Post a Comment