Thursday, January 12, 2012

29 & Blessed

Yesterday, I turned 29. Dusty made sure I enjoyed my 29th, because he says it only goes downhill from here!! I told him I didn't think the big 3-0 would really bother me. He said "it's easy to say that when you're 29!!"

I am such a lucky, blessed girl. I have the best husband, the sweetest, most precious little girl and the most amazing family. I serve a God who forgives.

I love my life.
Photobucket
Photobucket

I have such sweet memories from birthdays growing up. Birthdays have always been a big deal for our family. We always had a "family party" and a "friend party." Mom woke us up saying "happy birthday" and the phone started ringing the minute we got up with family calling to say happy birthday. Then we turned on the radio and heard people calling in to the Birthday Club to wish us a happy day.

And one of my favorite memories is spending my birthday afternoons with my Daddy. He always checked me out for half a day on my birthday and we spent the afternoon doing whatever I wanted. We usually ate lunch and shopped a little. I remember how excited I was the year he took me to get the 2nd hole pierced in my ears.

Thanks, Daddy and Mama, for always making our birthdays so special! I understand why you did it, now that I have my Avery Claire. The day she came into our lives was the day my whole world changed. That is a day I think deserves the utmost celebration.

She and her Daddy continue to make my birthdays special. 29 was wonderful and I really don't think 30 will bother me!!

I'm too blessed not to be thankful for every minute given with this cutie!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

3 comments:

Brandi said...

Such a sweet post!!! I'm glad you had a wonderful birthday!!! You deserve the best life has to offer! You are such a beautiful person...inside and out!!!! And the best friend anyone could ask for!!!! Luv u Brooke!!!!

Anonymous said...

My Beautiful Brooke! Happy, Happy Birthday! Dad and I just got home from a visit with you all! We had so much fun! Oh, how I miss y'all already! This sweet post brought some tears! It seems like yesterday that you were at home with us! The time sure flies! We have so many precious memories and I am so very thankful for our wonderful family! You are the best daughter and we are so proud of you! Thanks for always being such a blessing to us! We love you so very much! You are so very beautiful:"inside and out"!! Thanks Dusty and Avery Claire for taking such special care of our precious "baby"! Love to you all, Mom

Anonymous said...

Avery Claire, I love your precious outfit! You are so, so beautiful! The family picture is great! I need a copy! I love y'all so very much! Nana

Post a Comment