Wednesday, January 18, 2012

She May be Ready for the Potty...

...but we're not!!




For the past few weeks, Avery Claire will say to us "I tee tee." She sits on the potty {lid closed, pants up} and tee tees. Then she says "I wipe." She pretends to wipe and throws her tissue in the toilet and flushes. We figured this was okay to let her do. She'll probably be ready to potty train in a few months, right?


Photobucket


For the past few days, she does this all of the time. I've tried to let her sit there {pants off} and see if anything happens, but she doesn't sit there long enough. Sunday night, she probably did this 10+ times. She tells us "I tee tee," heads towards the bathroom, and starts pulling her pants down. And she's started wanting poo poo diapers changed immediately. I know these are all signs that potty training is in our future.



But is she ready? I know I'm not!!
Photobucket
Photobucket



I need advice from you moms! I don't know if she knows before she has to tee tee or poo poo. I bought her some training panties, just so we'd have them. I stuck them in the washing machine yesterday so I could put them up and have them ready for when we needed them. As I folded them today, she saw them and tried to say "my panties," and of course had to put them on! I'm amazed every day that she knows what to call things.
Photobucket

Tell us what you think!! I'm satisfied for her to wear diapers til this summer!!


Moms {saw this today and couldn't not share it}:


Go read this!! It's something that never even occurred to me to think about! We did this for a long time until Avery Claire was able to reach the monitor and started knocking it off. Now it hangs on the wall. Tape your monitor cords or hang the baby monitor on the wall!

4 comments:

Elena said...

Reese has started wanting to play in her crib in the afternoons. I put her in there with some toys and she plays for maybe 10 minutes. One day a while back she had gotten really quiet and I looked over into the bed and she had the monitor in the crib with her and it was around her neck twice. It wasn't tight or anything and it wasn't bothering her, but I panicked. It had not occured to me that she would pull the camera into the crib. We hung it on the wall that night.

Good luck with potty training. Take notes and email me what works. I'll be needing it sooner than I realize.

Ashley said...

Sounds like she's ready to me! Emma started using the potty at daycare when she was just 17 months old...she was fully daytime trained by 2...I'm sure I'll pay for that this time, ha! Try sitting her on the potty at night while you run her bath water...sometimes that gets them going. Oddly enough, Justin has started doing this with Luke in the evenings (not that we're trying to potty train him or anything...just letting him know what it's for, haha!). He has tee teed in it every time! They grow up way too fast! :(

Anonymous said...

Avery Claire, you are so funny...cutest litte booty I've ever seen!!!! Love ya bunches, Mema

Anonymous said...

Avery Claire, it is precious hearing you say "I tee-tee" and "I wipe"! Sweet girl, you are growing up so very fast! I think you will be easy to potty train whenever y'all try! I just hope I am with you when you actually do "tee-tee" in the potty! I can just see that sweet, excited face! I love you! Nana

Post a Comment