Wednesday, January 25, 2012

22 Months

Avery Claire, at 22 months, you:
Photobucket




- weigh around 29 lbs
- wear a size 5 diaper
- are still a great sleeper. You sleep 10+ hours at night and then take a 2-3 hour nap in the afternoons. We couldn't ask for more! You had a hard time going to sleep there for a few nights. After one night of laying you down and letting you cry for a few minutes, you've gone to bed so much easier the past couple of nights! Halleluah!!


If there is a mess in the house, or if we trash or something on the ground outside, I'll ask you who made that mess, and you always say "Daddy!!"


- say things in the sweetest way!! I love to see you turn around and motion and say "mon" {come on}. You've started saying mommy instead of mama. My.heart.melts.every.time! When something falls or we can't reach something, you say "I got eeeet" or I geeeeet eeeet". Other things you say that are so sweet: "Weeen" {Win}, "wook" {wook}, "Won wock" {I want to rock", "I wayer it" {I wear it}, "sur-ul" {cereal}. When you don't want something, like the big brown, round things in the Chex Mix, you say "not dat."
- are learning some manners. You will say thanks unprompted {dank} and if I ask you to say please, you will {peeeeze}.

- love all things girly. I love it! You watch me like a hawk when I put on my make-up and you know what to do with every tube and utensil in the make-up drawer. You love shoes and clothes and baby dolls. You take such good care of your baby dolls. Lately, you pat them and say "Otay". And you look at them and say "heeeyyyy, babeee!" And my favorite lately is "my wap?" {as in, you wanna sit in my lap?}.
- you as a question as if there is no answer but YES! For example, you say, "Won cook? Okay." Won pay {play}? Okay." It's too funny. And your little eyebrows raise when you ask a question. There couldn't be a cuter girl than you anywhere!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
- things you eat well: raisins, cookies, suck-sucks {suckers},waffles, salisbury steak {oh, yes!}, fruit pouches, chips, chick-chick, apples, rolls, pizza...hmmmm. Doesn't sound like the most balanced diet. You do eat other things. I have decided that I will let you eat when you want to eat and not sweat so much what you eat. If all you eat is rice for dinner, oh, well. I'm not fighting that battle. I know you don't go hungry. You always want a pop-pop {pop tart}, but then you eat two bites and you're done.
- love to G-O. You are your mother's child. You get up on the weekends, eat breakfast, and say "I won go." You don't care where, but if we ask you where you want to go, you usually say "Wahmaht."
- can pitch a fit with the best of them. Thankfully, we have only had a few days that I thought the "terrible 2's" would do me in. Most of the time, you're a happy, funny girl! You are familiar with time out, however, and sometimes try to test those boundaries.
- made your first trip to the ER. I hope it's your last. You are a daredevil and I'm kind of surprised your first trip wasn't sooner.
- are not a morning person, especially on school mornings when I wake you up. You're much happier when you get to wake up on your own.
- constantly want to tee-tee. I guess we'll be potty training soon. I'll put it off as long as I can...the thought of taking you to potty in a nasty public restroom makes me sick.
- don't sit in your high chair very much. You want your babies to sit in it so you can feed them, though.
Photobucket


- are such a fun, sweet, precious, smart, beautiful girl. You are turning into such a big girl. We laugh at you all of the time. I love seeing your sweet, loving, caring, strong-willed, indepedent, sassy personality emerge more every day. We are so glad God sent you to us. We have learned so much about unconditional love, gratefulness, patience, and enjoying life to its fullest in the past 22 months. I cannot believe you will be a 2 year old in 2 months. Time flies when you're having fun with such a cute, lively girl! We love you, Avery Claire Davis, so very much!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket




I have to add these pictures from Sunday because I haven't posted them yet. We visited a new church {instead of driving to our old one}. Avery Claire sat with us. You heard me correctly -with us. And she did awesome! We were so proud. The only time we had to say "sshhh" was when she kept rattling the paper she was writing on. Doesn't she look so cute? She kept singing while we were getting ready. I should have videoed instead of snapping, I know...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 22 months sweet, beautiful Avery Claire. You are a doll and I love everything about you. You are a good little mommy...you look beautiful in your church dress,singing....can not wait to see you and your mommy and daddy. Love ya bunches, Mema

Anonymous said...

Avery Claire, I cannot believe how you have developed in 22 months. You are such a beautiful-sweet girl. I love all of your pictures. I wish I could have heard you singing as you were getting ready for church. Won't be long and you will be having a birthday party and I can't wait. Love all of you so much.
Grandmother Joann

Mrs. Kelly Rooks said...

So cute! I love her little haircut! She is growing up.......time for another?!ha!

Anonymous said...

Avery Claire, Happy 22 Months! We adore you sweet girl! We are so very thankful for you!
I love all these pictures of you with those precious expressions on that beautiful face! You are our pride and joy! I am looking forward to visiting you all this weekend! I love you, Nana

Anonymous said...

Nana sure misses her sweet, beautiful, happy little girl! I love you precious! Nana

Post a Comment