Saturday, January 7, 2012

Lazy Saturday {and Thanks, Anonymous}

I told myself if I'd gone two nights and hadn't blogged, I would not go to bed until I had posted something.



Win update: Win had surgery Thursday to put a plate in his broken leg. Surgery went well. Win has to stay in a crate for about 6 weeks so his leg can heal properly. He is staying at the vet for now. I hope people who have gone to great vet tech schools are taking good care of him.

We had an anonymous comment from someone who works at the vet to tell us what a sweet boy he is and that he/she'd spent time with him today and he was doing well. Leave us another comment and tell us who you are...we really appreciate the Dr. Taylor and his staff. Mema has been very impressed and complimentary. We probably come off as absentee parents because we haven't been there. We promise we love him and are checking on him often. We thank you so much for taking such great care of him!


We've had a very rainy, lazy Saturday. This morning, I asked Avery Claire what she wanted to do today. She looked at me so seriously and said, "Ho ho?" She doesn't quite understand why Santa isn't still at the mall. We keep explaining that Santa and Jack had to go back to the North Pole until after Thanksgiving next year.


Avery Claire has been a little under the weather today. Our ear thermometer never said she had a fever, but her hot forehead, hot belly, and her behavior said otherwise. This girl never falls asleep like this. She got her shirt wet and we stuck it in the dryer for a few minutes and covered up on the couch. The next thing I knew, she was out. She slept about 20-30 minutes {Mommy and Daddy both got in some snuggle time}, took some Tylenol, ate lunch, played a little, and then took a 3 hour nap. She felt warm again when she got up. She took more Tylenol and played and acted fine.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket




We had another anonymous comment one day last week - about there always being a ballgame on our TV in the background. Dusty and I both commented to each other that we had noticed the same thing before that anonymous comment {and I have a couple of guesses as to who "anonymous" might be}. Don't worry, we try to get her to watch TV. She is NOT interested. She will pause long enough to watch the Chick-Fil-A commercials because they have cows. She will watch a little Blue's Clues in the car. That's it. She is too busy playing to watch TV.




She has carried around her purse and keys all day and pretended to "Go." She is so her mama's child.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket




I finally got dressed so we could get out of the house and go eat dinner {to begin celebrating my birthday week}!
Avery Claire sportin' her houndstooth dress..ready to yell "Roll Tide!"

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Now, I'm heading to bed to sleep on our new 700 thread count sheets that we bought tonight at TJ Maxx. That's right! Be jealous!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you are feeling better sweet Avery Claire! I wish I was there with you to love on you!I love your Houndstooth dress! Roll Tide Roll!
We are thankful that Win is doing great!
Love to you all, Nana

Kate Smith said...

AVERY CLAIRE: I need a make over! Will you paint my nails and fix my hair with your stuff! And I'm glad Win is doing well!

Anonymous said...

Hey there, this is the same girl that posted a comment about your sweet Win before. My name is Jordyn Brown, your mom was actually my teacher when I was at LHS, so that's how she would know me. I totally understand about not being able to see Win a lot, but he was doing super well last Saturday when I was at work, ready to play and love all over me when I came to see him. Thanks for the appreciation, Dr. Taylor and everyone at Twin Creeks is awesome =)

BoomCoin BPT said...

Looking for Vet Tech Schools in Mitchell, NE? You can search our directory for the Veterinary Technician schools in Nebraska.

Post a Comment