Saturday, January 21, 2012

Bargain Hunt {and Ashee}

Last night, we went to eat dinner and ran into this store we've noticed and wanted to go in, Bargain Hunt. We weren't sure what to expect, but were very pleasantly surprised. Dusty and I could have spent hours in there if we hadn't had a busy girl to chase.


We did find a great bargain that we just couldn't pass up. When Avery Claire outgrew her infant seat, I wanted a lightweight stroller to shop with that was NOT an umbrella stroller. I looked online and ended up buying a cheaper one, even though I really wanted a BumbleRide. We had problems with the new one from the get go....like the wheel kept coming off a the zoo kind of problem. Elton, of course, fixed it, and it's been just fine since.


But last night, among the many brand new strollers and Britax car seats, I saw this...






It retails for $249....we paid $101 {brand new} at Bargain Hunt. They carry overstocks, refurbished items, etc. If my husband hadn't bought a new tv a couple of years ago, I can assure we'd have walked out of there with a 60 inch Samsung {for a great deal}. And if he can figure out how to work it, I can't promise you he won't go back. I had to drag him away from the electronics section!


The baby section was the greatest to me, of course, because I knew what those things cost in any other store!! For example, this carseat, usually $289, was $145 {brand new}. And they had more than one print.




Anyway, we only left with the stroller. But I can tell you that won't be my last trip to Bargain Hunt!


Today, we had special visitors! Larry, Sheila, and "Ashee" stopped by on their way home from TN. Avery Claire had lots of fun showing them her house and her toys. Come back and see us when you can spend the night sometime, Raughtons!
Photobucket


This girl was worn out. I had to make her get up at 5:00 so she'd go to bed tonight {she just did}.
Photobucket


We tried out her stroller in the garage tonight. She loves her new "stro-stro."


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket



And Daddy has a new toy to put together. A couple of years ago, he bought several of these. He found another at TJ Maxx a few weeks ago. I think it's gonna take him longer with all of the help he'll have these days!




Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Avery Claire, I love your new stroller! You are such a cutie pie! Looks like you and "Ashee" had a good time! I know Daddy loves for you to "help" him! Such a sweet picture!
We sure do miss you all and we are hoping that the Davis family will visit us in Clay County next weekend!
We love you all so very much! Nana

David Cameron said...

wow, the girl looks so cute and i find your stroller is very suitable for Avery Claire

Post a Comment