Sunday, August 10, 2014

28 Weeks






How Far Along: 28 weeks
Size of baby: Baby #2 weighs 2.25 pounds and is 14.8 inches long. 
Total Weight Gain/Loss:  15-17 pounds. It just depends on the day. 
Maternity Clothes: Yes! I've really got to get a pair of pants or two to start school. 
Gender: It's a boy! 
Movement: Yes. Sometimes I wonder if people I'm sitting near at church can see my stomach jumping around. 
Sleep: I miss sleeping on my stomach. But I'm sleeping pretty well!
Cravings:  Y'all. What am I not craving? I plan to do a post all about this matter this week. 
Symptoms: Heartburn. Remember that pain in my groin? My OB is also a DO, which is a doctor of osteopathic medicine. He's not a chiropractor, but he determined that my hips were out of line and adjusted them. That pain is GONE! Next visit, I'll be telling him about my back pain. I may give up the chiropractor all-together and keep visiting him even after Bennett is born. 
And a gestational diabetest diagnosis. I did fail my 1 hour glucose test at that appointment, by only 6 points. So, I had to go take the 3 hour test Wednesday, which I found out during the movie Thursday that I failed as well. So, I visited an endocrinologist Friday. I'll do a post about all of that this week. 
Best Moment this week: I went to doctor this week to check on Bennett. They don't plan to do another ultrasound for several weeks, but his heart rate is perfect and I'm measuring right on time. After a couple of days with a stinky attitude about having to watch my diet like I've never had to, I've come to the realization that 1) I should be thankful that I'm able to start school next week. With Avery Claire, I'd been on bed rest for 3-4 weeks at this point. This isn't something that requires those drastic measures. 2) I'm thankful that if there is a problem, I'm aware of it and can control it. Blood pressure wasn't something I had any control over. 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brooke, I am so thankful for your positive attitude! It is so comforting for me to know! It was a blessing to your dad and I to come this weekend and see that you are doing great with your diet and counts! We are so very thankful and so very proud of you! Love the sweet pictures of our baby girl and little princess! We love y'all, Mom(Nana)

Post a Comment