Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Busy Last Week of Summer

Monday, I had a doctor's appointment. I had my glucose test, which I failed. By 6 points. I was so disgusted when I left. And for the rest of the day. 

Tuesday, we got up and headed to get Avery Claire's hair cut. We'd been talking about cutting it short and looking at pictures. I let her make the final call, and she wanted it shorter. 
Can you tell how much she got cut off? I couldn't tell you the last time we even had it trimmed. Miss Jordan even put a braid in her hair, which she loved and wishes her Mama could do. 


After stopping by to help Daddy in his classroom for a few minutes, we headed to the dentist. I tried to snap a {dark} picture of her hair. 


She has been excited about her dentist visit for a week. She loves getting to visit the treasure chest! 


She got a great report - no cavities, or "holes," as she puts it. 

We headed for the pool that afternoon. She posed for a couple of quick pics to show off her new hairdo before she jumped in. 



We also put in her new car seat today. I'm not sure it's a keeper. I do not love the print, but we had to have something that would work so that Bennett could be in the middle. And just as much as I want him in the middle, I'd like for Avery Claire to be beside him. I have a feeling she will be a big help in the car! 
This is what a quick drive does for her after an afternoon of swimming. 


I had my 3 hour glucose test today. I really watched my sugar and carbs Monday and yesterday. Y'all, you know me. I live off of carbs. And everything I thought about eating was loaded with carbs or sugar. I was absolutely starving all day. I did eat a big chicken breast for dinner - I had a few suggestions to eat a high protein meal the day before. It really wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. I was very disappointed to get there and realize they weren't able to tell me my results and that I'd have to wait on the dr to call me the next day! I felt kind of nauseous during the first hour, but then felt okay after that. Our dentist gives out cookies, so I saved my cookie and took it with me. That first bite when I got in the car was divine! By the time I sat down to eat, I felt all shaky and sweaty and like I had to eat a bite or pass out. I'm hoping that was low blood sugar talking!! 


This chick stayed with Becca all morning so I didn't have to entertain for 3 hours in a lab. She was in heaven running errands and helping Becca in her classroom. She wasn't too excited when I called to meet them for lunch. We all three spent the afternoon at the pool, so she got over it! 
Thanks, Becca, for loving our girl. She thinks you hung the moon. We love you and don't know what we'd do without you. 







1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Y'all did have a busy week! I am so sorry about the glucose test! Brooke, you will do great! I feel much better after coming to see you this weekend! You are going to do great! I know that you will do whatever to keep healthy and keep our sweet Bennett healthy! Your dad and I are so very proud of you!
Avery Claire, I love your new hair cut! It just makes you look so much older! I am so proud of you! You are PERFECT in every way! Good job keeping your teeth clean! Yay, no cavities!
I am so thankful for our Beeca! I wanted to be with my babies thus week! Since Dusty and I bought had to start school, it was such a blessing to know that Sweet Becca was there to be with our girls! Thank you Becca!

Post a Comment